Centennial Achievement Undergraduate Awardees online nomination form
Centennial Achievement Masters Degree Awardees online nomination form
Centennial Achievement Doctorate Degree Awardees online nomination form
In December 1984, the University of Arizona Division of Student Affairs created the Centennial Achievement Award to be presented annually. This award is presented to two students who are graduating during the current academic year.
Evidence of outstanding personal growth is the primary criterion for selection. Cumulative grade point average may be considered but should not be the sole criterion for selection. Preference will be given to:
- Individuals who have demonstrated integrity.
- Individuals who have overcome enormous challenges to achieve a college education.
- Individuals who have made a contribution to self, community, and family.
- Individuals who are the first in their families to graduate from college.
The award is a monetary award of $250, accompanied by an engraved plaque, provided by the University of Arizona Alumni Association. The Vice President for Student Affairs provides the funding for this award.
Nomination forms can be found online at: 2016 Centennial Achievement Awards Undergraduate nomination form, beginning August 22, 2016. Application forms will be sent to eligible nominees via email. Submit nominations online, on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, September 9, 2016. Late nominations will not be considered.
The committee will review applications and forward their recommendations to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
In the fall of 1987, the Division of Student Affairs and the Graduate College inaugurated the Centennial Achievement Graduate Student Award. The description is as follows:
- This award is presented to four students who are working on an advanced degree program in the Graduate College during the current academic year. The award will be presented to two students at the Master's level and two students at the Doctoral level.
- The primary purpose for these awards is to recognize outstanding achievement and contributions by Graduate College students and to provide financial assistance and recognition to encourage these students to complete their Graduate studies.
The award consists of a $500 stipend provided by the Graduate College, and an engraved plaque, provided by the University of Arizona Alumni Association.
Eligibility and Criterion for Selection
- Recipients are required to have completed at least 18 units of Graduate College credit in a degree program at the specified level at The University of Arizona.
- Recipients are required to be citizens of the United States of America. Preference is given to students who are the first in their family working toward an advanced degree and/or students who have overcome significant obstacles reaching their educational goals.
- Consideration will be given to: (1) academic achievement (i.e. scholarships, fellowships, honors); (2) scholarly achievements (i.e. conference papers, research grants, publications); (3) community/campus service (i.e., leadership positions); (4) professional affiliations; and (5) experience in the workplace or university.
- Previous recipients are not eligible.