The Dean of Students Office has seven cultural and resource centers for students interested in finding identity-based communities and social justice programs. African American Student Affairs, Asian Pacific American Student Affairs, Common Ground Alliance Program, Guerrero Student Center, LGBTQ+ Resource Center, Native American Student Affairs, and Women’s Resource Center will sponsor a week of activities to connect new students and returning students.
Finding Community Facebook Event
Wednesday, August 23rd
- Queer E Oke Social Event, 6:00-8:00 pm, SUMC 1st floor Games Room (sponsored by LGBTQ Affairs)
Thursday, August 24th
- Finding Community Welcome, 6:00-8:00 pm, SUMC Grand Ballroom
Monday, August 28th
- Native American Student Affairs Sunrise Ceremony, 6:00 am, UA Mall, followed by Breakfast, Nugent 2nd floor
- Asian Pacific American Student Affairs & Native American Student Affairs Open House, 11:00 am-2:00 pm, Nugent Bldg 2nd floor
Tuesday, August 29th
- LGBTQ+ Wildcat Welcome, 5:00-7:00 pm, SUMC Tucson Room
Wednesday, August 30th
- African American Student Affairs Open House, 5:00 pm, Martin Luther King Bldg.
- Feminist Mixer, 6:30 pm, SUMC 4th floor - Women's Resource Center
Thursday, August 31st
- Guerrero Center Open House, 12:00-2:00 pm and 5:30-7:00 pm, Chavez Bldg Room 211