Chicano/Hispano Student Affairs and UA Hispanic Heritage Month
“En mis manos: Our Heritage, Our Future,” is the theme for CHSA’s Hispanic Heritage Month and the academic year. Academic success for all students involves creating opportunities for students to connect to the values of the institution, to engage intellectually in and out of the classroom, and to develop a strong community of peer support. Join us as we engage students in programs and activities that celebrate our history and our heritage, promote academic success and engage students in ‘a present of action.’ “En mis manos” means “in my hands.”
The following highlights some of the events:
- September 16, 12:00 – 1:00 pm, “The Pursuit of Happiness,” Dr. Celestino Fernandez & Dr. Richard Ruiz. Chavez 205.
- September 17, 5:30 pm, Film “Underwater Dreams.” AMC Theatre Foothills Mall. Visit our website chsa.arizona.edu for information regarding possible visit by Carl Hayden’s Robotics Team.
- September 20, UA Intercollegiate Athletics, Hispanic Heritage Day, UA vs Cal Football game
- September 26, 12:00 – 1:00 pm, “Chinese Mexicans: Transpacific Migration and the Search for a Homeland, 1910-1960,” Dr. Julia Schiavone Camacho. Kiva, SU.
- October 10, 4:00 – 7:00 pm. Re-Naming CHSA, “Adalberto & Ana Guerrero Student Center.” Chavez Building.
- October 14, 7:30 pm. Concert “Barrio Bones,” Moises Paiewonsky, trombone. Crowder Hall.
- October 23, 6:30 pm, Hari Kondabolu, social justice comedian. Gallagher Theatre.