The goal of the Coordinators of Student Advocacy and Assistance is to empower students to take a proactive role in exploring their own resolutions in order to be successful both inside and outside the classroom.
Student Advocacy and Assistance:
- Provides one-on-one consultations with students seeking assistance regarding challenges that may impede their ability to remain successful
- Offers assistance with academic processes such as Explanation of Absence, Complete Withdrawal, Medical Withdrawal, and Retroactive Medical Withdrawal
- Educates campus community regarding policies, procedures, and support services available to students
- Connects students to appropriate campus and community resources
- Provides students with institutional knowledge concerning policies and procedures in order to strive to create a common baseline understanding of the University among all students
- Collaborates with campus colleagues to assist students in navigating campus bureaucracy
- Remains unbiased when working with students, staff, and faculty
Roles beyond our reach:
- Providing mental health counseling
- Offering academic advising
- Sharing personal student information with parents, unless health and safety concerns are present
- Representing students in legal situations or code of conduct violations, or serving as a hearing officer
- Completing University policies and procedures on behalf of a student
Wind Down Wednesdays!
Reduce semester stress by hanging out with friendly dogs! Drop-in and take care of yourself by enjoying a relaxing, stress-free activity.
The 1st Wednesday of each month from 1-3pm in Nugent.
Mark your calendar, set an iPhone reminder, just remember to be there…
- February 6: Cupcake Decorating
- March 6: Chair Messages
- April 3: Pet Therapy
- May 1: Free Eegees
To contact Student Assistance staff, please call the Dean of Students Office at (520) 621-7057
Funded through the Student Services Fee, the Coordinators' role is to assist students who face complex issues and crisis that could impact their ability to remain successful.