Centennial Achievement Awards Criterion and Nomination Form
Centennial Achievement Undergraduate Awardees online nomination form (opens August 21, 2023)
Centennial Achievement Masters Degree Awardees online nomination form (opens August 21, 2023)
Centennial Achievement Doctorate Degree Awardees online nomination form (opens August 21, 2023)
The Centennial Achievement Awards support the University’s strategic goal of valuing and supporting the diverse experiences of our students.
In December 1984, the University of Arizona Division of Student Affairs created the Centennial Achievement Award to be presented annually. This award is presented to two students who are graduating during the current academic year.
Evidence of outstanding personal growth is the primary criterion for selection. Cumulative grade point average may be considered but should not be the sole criterion for selection. Preference will be given to:
- Individuals who have demonstrated integrity.
- Individuals who have shown tremendous persistence to achieve a college education.
- Individuals who have made a contribution to self, community, and family.
The award is a monetary award of $250*, accompanied by an engraved plaque provided by Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement. The Vice President for Student Affairs provides the funding for this award.
Nomination forms can be found online at: 2023 Centennial Achievement Awards Undergraduate nomination form, beginning August 21, 2023. Application forms will be sent to eligible nominees via email. Submit nominations online, on or before 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday, September 8, 2023. Late nominations will not be considered.
In the fall of 1987, the Division of Student Affairs and the Graduate College inaugurated the Centennial Achievement Graduate Student Award. The description is as follows:
- This award is presented to students who are working on an advanced degree program in the Graduate College during the current academic year. In years past, the award was presented to two students at the Master's level and two students at the Doctoral level. In 2022, due to the philanthropic commitment of past Master’s Award recipient, Dr. William Broussard (MA, ‘02, and Ph.D., ‘07—Rhetoric, Composition, and the Teaching of the English Language) we are excited to share that three Master’s awardees and three Doctoral awardees will be selected, all receiving a $500 stipend.
- The primary purpose for these awards is to recognize outstanding achievement and contributions by Graduate College students and to provide financial assistance and recognition to encourage these students to complete their Graduate studies.
The award consists of a $500* stipend provided by the Graduate College, and an engraved plaque provided by Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement.
Eligibility and Criterion for Selection
- Recipients are required to have completed at least 18 units of Graduate College credit in a degree program at the specified level at The University of Arizona.
- Preference is given to students who are the first in their family working toward an advanced degree and/or students who have overcome significant obstacles reaching their educational goals.
- Consideration will be given to: (1) academic achievement (i.e. scholarships, fellowships, honors); (2) scholarly achievements (i.e. conference papers, research grants, publications); (3) community/campus service (i.e., leadership positions); (4) professional affiliations; and (5) experience in the workplace or university.
- Previous recipients are not eligible.
Nomination forms can be found online at: 2023 Centennial Achievement Awards Graduate nomination form, beginning August 21, 2023. Application forms will be sent to eligible nominees via email. Submit nominations online, on or before 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday, September 8, 2023. Late nominations will not be considered.
* Receiving this award may impact Financial Aid. Nominated students can check how this award may impact their Financial Aid by contacting the Financial Aid Office at https://financialaid.arizona.edu/contact
For any questions, please contact the DOS Awards Team at DOS-Awards@email.arizona.edu.