STUDENT ASSISTANCE is a central support hub for all students at our university, aiming to assist with various challenges including personal crises, life traumas, health issues, and academic struggles. We aim to foster a caring culture on campus, working hard to ensure all students feel supported and equipped to thrive.
Please contact 520-621-7057 or DOSfirstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this support services. If you are/or know of a student who is experiencing difficulties and can benefit from these services, we recommend you submit a public CARE Report.
Our Staff Will
- Help students arrange appropriate medical and/or mental health care
- Connect students with campus and community resources
- Monitor compliance with University behavioral expectations
- Collaborate with professionals who evaluate threat and assess risk to self and/or community
- Meet with students and maintain contact with students to address needs
- Foster self-advocacy so students manage their academic, personal, and fiscal responsibilities
- Educate the UA campus community regarding student support services, policies and procedures
Roles Beyond Our Reach
- Providing mental health counseling or medical advice
- Academic advising
- Sharing personal student information with parents, faculty, or staff, unless health and safety concerns are present
- Represent students in legal situations or code of conduct violations, or serve as a hearing officer
- Complete University forms on a student's behalf
Our staff is bound by privacy laws and practice, and with the exception of certain crisis situations, Student Assistance shares information about student concerns only on a need-to-know basis.
*Student Assistance supports and closely aligns its mission with that of the Higher Education Case Management Association (HECMA) and the National Behavioral Intervention Team Association (NaBITA).
Funded through the Student Services Fee, the Coordinators' role is to assist students who face complex issues and crisis that could impact their ability to remain successful.